38 National Award-winning actors, producers, directors, writers and technicians from the Tamil film industry have written a letter to the Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar. These prominent film personalities urged the minister to honor legendary Tamil filmmaker Bharathiraja with Dadasaheb Phalke award, the highest award in Indian Cinema.
Kamal Haasan, Mani Ratnam, Dhanush, Bala, Sreekar Prasad, Vetrimaaran, Suhasini, Ram, Sasikumar, Samuthirakhani and several others have signed the letter that recommended Bharathiraja for the prestigious award on the occasion of his 78th birthday. Bharathiraja has directed 42 movies in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi and won the National Award 6 times. He was awarded the country’s fourth highest civilian award Padma Shri in 2004.
Articles that might interest you:
- Yash plans yet another pan-Indian film after KGF
- Allu Arjun gets stylish and comfy gift from Vijay Deverakonda
- Nidhhi Agerwal all set to make a comeback in Bollywood
- Thala Ajith’s Valimai confirmed for summer release
- Krish almost certain to have this as his film’s title
- Yash Raj Films planning a massive Avengers-like project