38 National Award-winning actors, producers, directors, writers and technicians from the Tamil film industry have written a letter to the Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar. These prominent film personalities urged the minister to honor legendary Tamil filmmaker Bharathiraja with Dadasaheb Phalke award, the highest award in Indian Cinema.
Kamal Haasan, Mani Ratnam, Dhanush, Bala, Sreekar Prasad, Vetrimaaran, Suhasini, Ram, Sasikumar, Samuthirakhani and several others have signed the letter that recommended Bharathiraja for the prestigious award on the occasion of his 78th birthday. Bharathiraja has directed 42 movies in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi and won the National Award 6 times. He was awarded the country’s fourth highest civilian award Padma Shri in 2004.
Articles that might interest you:
- Is Salman Khan upset with Rajamouli?
- OTT Review : Nayanthara’s Needa – Telugu film on AHA
- Frustrated Teja: Fun promotional video ahead of Ishq’s release
- NTR’s new orange Lamborgini Urus becomes a hot topic
- Suriya turns lawyer in Jai Bhim; Intense first look out now
- Team Lakhsya plans unique promotions until the release