In what comes as a respite to thousands of women make up artists in India, the Supreme court of India has recently passed a judgement allowing female make up artists to work in the film industry across the country. The ban which was imposed 59 years ago came to an end when a group of 9 women make up artists filed a petition in the Supreme court of India challenging the ban.
The court told India’s Cine Costume Make-up Artists and Hair Dressers Association to end its ban on female make-up artists immediately – or it would order it to do so. The court gave the association 7 days to respond to the judgement.
Articles that might interest you:
- Dil Raju, to release Vakeel Saab on 300 screens?
- Crazy folks song to be a part of Pawan Kalyan’s next?
- Rhea posts a memorable message on Sushanth’s death anniversary
- One year passes away-Sushanth’s death still a mystery
- Vakeel Saab girl all set to announce two movies
- Chay and Samantha to resume shooting from next week