For the last few years, legendary music composer Ilayaraja has been relentlessly fighting for his rightful share in the revenues generated by reusing his songs in entertainment channels and musical programs. Ilayaraja had even sent a legal notice to his good friend and legendary singer SP Balasubramaniam for singing his songs at a musical concert in the US without prior permission.
But in an unexpected development, six Tamil producers moved the Madras High Court against Ilayaraja’s copyright ownership claim. In their civil suit, the producers stated that it was they who hold all the rights of a movie and the songs.
The producers also said that if Ilayaraja is allowed to claim ownership, even the heroes, comedians and technicians will claim ownership of copyright for the scenes they were part of. They also added that producers invest a lot of money and they should be given the absolute ownership of the copyright of the films and the songs.
Articles that might interest you:
- Pushpa- Allu Arjun gearing up for an action-filled night shoot
- Prabhas to wrap up Radhe Shyam, finally
- National award-winning actor seriously injured in a road accident
- Trailer of ‘In The Name of God’ catches the attention of many
- Netflix making a sensational offer to Samantha?
- Young Malayalam actress opens up on signing PSPK28