83, the much-awaited biopic on legendary Indian cricketer Kapil Dev, is the latest pan-Indian film to be affected due to the Coronavirus pandemic. The film, which is scheduled to hit screens on April 10, has now been postponed due to the outbreak of the virus.
83’s makers took to social media this morning and announced the postponement of the film’s release. The next release date will be revealed in a few weeks time. 83 showcases how the Kapil Dev-led Team India had clinched the ICC World Cup in 1983.
Bollywood star Ranveer Singh is reprising Kapil Dev’s role and his wife Deepika Padukone will be seen playing Romi, Kapil Dev’s wife. Directed by Kabir Khan, 83 is produced by Deepika Padukone, Sajid Nadiadwala, Kabir Khan, Nikhil Dwivedi, Vishnu Induri, 83 Films Ltd. and Phantom Films. While Nagarjuna is presenting 83’s Telugu version, Kamal Haasan presents the Tamil version.
Articles that might interest you:
- Soundarya, Srihari’s first looks from NBK’s Narthanasala out tomorrow
- Karthi becomes a proud father once again
- Radhe Shyam’s crazy update to be out tomorrow
- Chiru and Prabhas donate big for Hyderabad floods
- Bigg Boss 4 – Social media goes after this contestant
- Sandeep Reddy Vanga takes a key decision