With just two weeks away before the summer season officially begins for Telugu film industry, a record number of small budget films are vying at box office this weekend. As per the early estimates, if all goes well, as many as seven films are expected to release. Among the new releases, Madhura Sreedhar’s Backbench Student has managed to secure 200 theatres. The film starring Mahat, Piaa Bajpai and Archana Kavi has been quite promoted quite well and on Thursday evening, a special premiere is going to be held at a multiplex in Hyderabad.
The other noticeable films releasing this weekend are Sree, Aksha starrer Rye Rye and Jagapathi Babu, Sonia Agarwal starrer Operation Duryodhan 2. Apart from these two films, four more films including Jagan, 3G Love, Alajadi and Dasami are expected to release. Of late, it has become a trend where films are being pulled out of theatres at the last minute due to financial issues. It remains to be seen how many of these films actually make it to the screens this weekend. On the other hand, 25 more theatres are going to be added for Gundello Godaari from this weekend.
Articles that might interest you:
- AP, TG governments must support upcoming movies: Balakrishna
- Suresh Babu opens up on ticket rates and theatres business decline
- No actor can match Balayya sir’s dialogue delivery: Allu Arjun
- Bollywood’s biggest stars to do a multi-starrer?
- Balayya Babu is an atom bomb: Rajamouli
- All set for arrival of Bheemla Nayak’s trailer