The never ending controversies that surrounded the highly-anticipated Bollywood period drama, Padmavati, resulted in the film’s postponement. Death threats were issued against the film’s director Sanjay Leela Bhansali and heroine Deepika Padukone.
Many such unfortunate developments have made the Bombay High Court furious. “In which other country do you see threats made to artistes and performers? It is distressing to know a person makes a feature film and several others work tirelessly towards it but are unable to release the film for public viewing because of continuous threats. A feature film cannot be released in this country. What have we come to?” asked a bench of Justices SC Dharmadhikari and Bharati Dangre.
The bench made these remarks while it rapped the CBI and Maharashtra CID for their failure to trace the absconding killers of rationalists Narendra Dabholkar and Govind Pansare.
- Will NOTA’s failure effect Taxiwaala’s opening?
- Deepika, Ranveer tie the knot in Konkan style
- Poll : What did you think of Next Yenti’s teaser?
- Director gives clarity on Ajith’s next
- Vijay-Atlee project set for Diwali 2019