The never ending controversies that surrounded the highly-anticipated Bollywood period drama, Padmavati, resulted in the film’s postponement. Death threats were issued against the film’s director Sanjay Leela Bhansali and heroine Deepika Padukone.
Many such unfortunate developments have made the Bombay High Court furious. “In which other country do you see threats made to artistes and performers? It is distressing to know a person makes a feature film and several others work tirelessly towards it but are unable to release the film for public viewing because of continuous threats. A feature film cannot be released in this country. What have we come to?” asked a bench of Justices SC Dharmadhikari and Bharati Dangre.
The bench made these remarks while it rapped the CBI and Maharashtra CID for their failure to trace the absconding killers of rationalists Narendra Dabholkar and Govind Pansare.
Articles that might interest you:
- Jaanu trailer today-All eyes on Samantha
- Poll : Which among these biggest hits in Tollywood is your favorite?
- PSPK 27 formally launched: To roll on from this date
- Ashwathama’s censor done-runtime locked
- Sarileru and Ala Vaikunthapuramlo make a solid impact in Andhra
- Noted production house to release Johar