A R Rahman, who’ll soon be scoring music for Sundar C’s ambitious film Sangamithra stated that the makers of Baahubali were quite lucky compared to others who had set out to do big budget period films.
Speaking at Cannes Film Festival, A R Rahman said, “Baahubali isn’t the first film that was made on such a big scale, but it is the first which worked so well. Sekhar Kapur wanted to make Paani, but it didn’t materialise. Kochadaiyaan could have been a huge blockbuster, but its CG went wrong. With Baahubali, all these things works. The team is really nice and they worked hard for it.”
Sangamithra is being touted as the next big film from Indian cinema that will be made in two parts. The film has Shruti Haasan playing the title role, apart from Jayam Ravi and Arya.
Articles that might interest you:
- Senior actor Narsingh Yadav in coma
- Interesting scoop: Did Bunny ‘leak’ Pushpa’s title in November?
- Mother & sister-in-law’s special treat to Pawan after his Andhra tours
- Gharana Mogudu, Tollywood’s first 10 Cr film, turns 28
- Kerala CM acknowledges Allu Arjun’s contribution for Corona relief
- Aadi, Saikumar and Ravi contribute to CCC