Looks like A R Rahman’s reach has spread world wide. After his much deserved Oscar award A R Rahman has now achieved the unique distinction of scoring music for the London Olympics. He will soon be teaming up his Slumdog Millionaire’s director Danny Boyle to compose a song for the opening ceremony to beheld on July 27.
Confirming this A R Rahman posted on his facebook page, “Clarifying the report on the Olympics track I am composing… It’s a track in Punjabi celebrating the Indian influence in the UK. It’s a part of a medley in the Olympics opening ceremony, according to Danny Boyle’s creative wishes!” Apart from Rahman music composer Ilayaraja’s composition ‘Naanthaan Ungappanda’, from Kamal Hassan’s 1980 film Ram Lakshman will be a part of the opening ceremony too.
- Ram Charan, Kiara groove for a mass number in VVR
- Bollywood actress wraps up Shakeela biopic
- RX100 hero Kartikeya to romance two heroines in Hippi
- Rejected 50 scripts before signing Kavacham: Bellamkonda Sai
- Tanish’s film on Bezawada rowdy lands in a controversy