First it was Dookudu. And now it is Srirama Rajyam. Spanning two generations and two genres Tollywood has scored two emphatic wins at the box office. This augurs well for the industry. Its actors and technicians are teaming up to make movies that are pulling the crowds back into the movie halls. While the critics and audience alike crave for a different cinema, the task of producing one keeping in mind the commercial demands, is not easy at all. This is where Bapu has to be commended. He backed himself to cater to the tastes of an audience, who he believed will always receive a mythological, provided it is told with the sincerity that such subjects demand. His casting too was perfect. Balakrishna and ANR were apt. Ilayaraja, to those who needed a reminder, was a revelation. And the subject itself – the story of Lord Rama – contains elements that have (all the more) relevance even today. All in all Srirama Rajyam is a wonderful advertisement for Telugu Cinema.
- This time it is going to be even more special: Ram Charan on RRR
- Allu Arjun throws a lavish party to celebrate Taxiwaala’s success
- Saaho heroine Shraddha Kapoor recovers from dengue
- Venkatesh, Suresh Babu, Rana get a special invite for IFFI – 2018
- Storyline locked for Mahesh-Rajamouli film?