Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan’s recently released musical drama, Secret Superstar, was a decent hit in India and overseas. The film’s Chinese version released on January 19 and took Chinese box-office by storm.
Secret Superstar reportedly collected over $6.2 million (Rs 40 crore approx) across China on its opening day. This is almost 7 times of what the film did in India on its opening day. Chinese film trade pundits predict that Secret Superstar is poised to collect more than $200 million in its lifetime, with $27-30 million coming in from the opening weekend itself. Incidentally, Aamir’s all-time blockbuster, Dangal, had collected over Rs 1,200 crore in China last year.
Starring Zaira Wasim and Meher Vij, Raj Arjun and Aamir Khan in prominent roles, Secret Superstar was directed by Aamir’s former manager Advaith Chandan. Aamir Khan had produced the movie.
Articles that might interest you:
- Nani’s team quashes rumors about his next biggie
- Rakul Preet and Lakshmi Manchu killing it with their fitness routine
- Noted actor files complaint against harassment in Sushanth’s case
- Vijay’s special gesture towards Mahesh-Takes up a special challenge
- RGV tests Corona positive-His lawyer confirms
- Deepthi Sunaina trying hard to gain attention