Thalaivi, a Tamil-Hindi biopic on legendary yesteryear actress and former Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa, is gearing up for its theatrical release on September 10. Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut played the titular role in this period drama. The film’s core team landed in Hyderabad for the Telugu version’s pre-release event this evening.
Speaking at the event, actor Arvind Swami, who portrayed Jayaa’s co-star and political guru MGR, described acting in Thalaivi as a “fantastic experience”. Arvind said Kangana Ranaut has pulled off the film on her shoulders and that he learnt a lot from Kangana and others during the making of Thalaivi. Arvind concluded saying that he watched Thalaivi’s final copy a couple of days ago and he is confident that the film will become a big hit at the box-office.
Thalaivi is directed by Tamil director AL Vijay and bankrolled jointly by Tollywood producer Vishnu Induri and Bollywood producer Sailesh Singh. Talented actress Poorna will be seen as Jayaa’s close friend Sasikala in the movie.
Articles that might interest you:
- Suriya to team up with this star director
- Team Sarkaru Vaari Paata to head to Spain
- Love Story is a game changer for Naga Chaitanya: Mahesh Babu
- Won’t tolerate if Tollywood is targeted, Pawan Kalyan tells AP government
- Post Tuck Jagadish Shiva Nirvana gets back to his strength
- Here’s why Mahesh turned down Shankar’s 3 Idiots remake