The film, which stars Nithya Menen as the female lead, was premiered at the prestigious Berlin Film Festival in 2014, but couldn’t see the light of day as Rohini couldn’t mobilise finances for post-production.
Determined to release film, Rohini, via a crowdfunding campaign on www.wishberry.in, appealed to movie connoisseurs to chip in with their contributions. So far, Rs.1,40,479 has been raised out of Rohini’s target of Rs.40,00,000.
Renowned technicians such as Sreekar Prasad, Resul Pookutty and Alphonse Roy have worked on Appaavin Meesai.
- Big update: Rajini’s Petta joins Sankranthi race
- Star villain joins Sye Raa shoot
- Noted actor wraps up a key schedule of RC12
- NTR biopic finds its Savitri
- Raw and intense action episodes in Kalyanram’s next