Often, actresses in commercial films are limited to being just glamour dolls. The situation is more or less the same in the film industries across India. However, times are changing and more and more filmmakers are penning strong, performance-oriented roles for women actors.
In a latest interview with a popular English daily, actress Raashi Khanna made a few striking statements on the women in commercial films. She said that women have smaller roles compared to men in commercial films.
However, Raashi also added that it doesn’t mean the character can’t be sensible. “They don’t have to act dumb all the time. You don’t always have to save them; times have changed,” she said, also adding that her fans don’t expect her to just act dumb and go, after her movies Oohalu Gusagusalaade and Imaikkaa Nodigal.
Raashi further said the actors have a social responsibility and that she has worked with directors who understood her views and made changes whenever she had certain issues with her characters. Raashi will next be seen in Prathi Roju Pandage. She also has Vijay Deverakonda’s World Famous Lover which is releasing early next year.
Articles that might interest you:
- RGV introduces his new actress, Apsara Rani
- Dil Bechara’s trailer clocks 20M views already
- Manchu Vishnu gets his son engaged in his film Mosagallu
- This actor is still under consideration for Allu Arjun’s Pushpa?
- What happened to Rajinikanth-Kamal Haasan’s project?
- Special picture: Rana’s fiancee Miheeka displays her wedding jootis