Aditi Rao Hydari is one of the most sought after actresses these days in Hindi, Telugu and Tamil cinema. In the past few years, she has worked with some of the biggest directors in the country including Mani Ratnam, Sanjay Leela Bhansali; however, there was a time when she struggled to find work.
It all started when she started speaking out against casting couch prevelant in the industry after she had a bad experience. In an interview to Sunday Guardian, she said, “I have been in this situation but I was able to stand up to it, make my decision and move away. I did lose work and I cried about it. I didn’t regret it but I cried about it because I felt so upset that this was true and this is how girls are treated. For about eight months I didn’t get work, but I feel that decision made me stronger in my intention about the kind of work I wanted to do.”
Currently, she is playing one of the lead roles in Sankalp Reddy’s space thriller, and her film in Mani Ratnam’s direction is slated for release later this year.
Articles that might interest you:
- 100% Love actress returns to Tollywood
- Box Office : Report for the week ending 16-06-2019
- Speculations about Dhruv Vikram’s second film put to rest
- Shruti Haasan is enjoying her singlehood
- Vishal downplays actress’ verbal attack
- Maharshi’s steady run in Bengaluru continues