There is no denying that almost every actor dreams of working with Mani Ratnam at least once in his or her career. The wide range of films that Mani Ratnam has made over the past 30 years or so has already made him a legend among movie buffs; however, it clearly isn’t as easy as it seems.
Aditi Rao Hydari, who worked with him for Cheliyaa and Nawaab, says, “He is extremely strict on the sets and there is no leniency whatsoever. You are there because he trusts you and he expects you to live up to his expectations. On some days, you feel like you might die because you are always trying to catch up to him. It is really hard to match his passion for cinema, but in the end, it is all worth that effort. He is a mentor and a father figure to all the actors who work with him.”
The shooting of Nawaab has been wrapped up, and currently it is in post production phase. Santosh Sivan is the cinematographer and Rahman is scoring the music.
- Mahesh donates for Kerala flood victims
- Finally, Pawan Kalyan follows his favourite actor on Twitter
- Chiru wraps up dubbing for Sye Raa teaser
- Geetha Govindam breaches $1M mark; Eyes $2M now
- Chiru and family donate big for Kerala victims