Tamil star Karthi has scored a massive hit with his latest outing, Khaidi. The film has turned out to be a huge money-spinner in Tamil and Telugu. Needless to say, all eyes are on his next film.
Karthi’s next project is a crime comedy thriller and this time, he is teaming up with his sister-in-law and popular heroine Jyothika. The film has been titled Thambi (Thammudu in Telugu). Interestingly, Thammudu is a blockbuster sports drama that earned star status for Pawan Kalyan around two decades ago. Also, Khaidi was Megastar Chiranjeevi’s blockbuster that turned him into a mass hero in the 80s.
Thammudu will be hitting theaters on December 20 and it will clash with Balakrishna’s Ruler and Sai Dharam Tej’s Pratiroju Pandage. Jeethu Joseph, the director of Mohanlal’s Malayalam industry hit Drishyam, has directed Thammudu.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll: Will Mahesh Babu pull of a gangster’s role?
- Director locked for Allu hero’s next?
- Teja working on a tight script for this action hero
- Rana wraps up Adavi Ramudu
- Noted producer acquires Vijay Deverakonda’s WFL’s Andhra rights
- Queen trailer- Ramya’s impressive act