Single screens and multiplexes across the country have been shut for nearly two months due to the lockdown amid the Coronavirus outbreak. Thanks to the uncertainty surrounding the reopening of the movie theatres, several filmmakers in South and Bollywood have been skipping theatrical releases and instead choosing to premiere their films directly on OTT platforms.
This decision by the producers has deeply upset the country’s two biggest multiplex chains, INOX and PVR Cinemas. After INOX’s open letter to Bollywood filmmakers yesterday, it’s PVR Cinemas turn today to pen a letter to the filmmakers. PVR Cinemas’ CEO Kamal Gianchandani said that theatrical release is the best way to experience the labour and creative genius of filmmakers.
“We were hoping that the producers would accede to our request to hold back their film’s release till cinemas reopen,” Kamal said. He also thanked all the producers who obliged the multiplexes’ request to reschedule the release of their films. As many as 7 prominent movies, Including Amitabh Bachchan and Ayushmann Khurrana’s Gulabo Sitabo and Vidya Balan’s Shakuntala Devi, have been acquired by Amazon Prime for their world premiere.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll : Has NTR showcased his full acting potential to date in his career?
- Film Trivia : Guess the actor who has the same qualification as his wife?
- Poll : SRH vs RCB- Who will win today’s IPL match?
- Chay is totally opposite of me: Samantha
- Veteran actress, Sita passes away
- Nishabdham’s trailer is slick and intriguing