Super Star Rajinikanth’s soon-to-release gangster drama, Kaala, is all set to hit the screens on June 7. However, the film’s release in Karnataka looks doubtful as several fringe Kannada political groups have been protesting against Rajini’s statement on Cauvery River water board formation.
And now, Kaala’s release looks uncertain in Norway and Switzerland, where there is a huge craze for Tamil movies, especially for the Super Star’s movies. Condemning Rajini’s controversial statement on the Tuticorin Sterlite protestors, the Norway Tamil film distribution association member Vaseegaran Sivalingam refused to screen Kaala in Norway, saying that Tamils living there will not watch the movie due to Rajini’s statement.
On the other hand, several Tamil groups in Switzerland have been protesting against Rajini and this further cast dark clouds over Kaala’s release.
- Review : Jersey – Emotion at its best
- Jersey’s decent show in US premieres
- Young actor goes gaga over Chiranjeevi on Sye Raa’s sets
- Review : Kanchana 3 – For Masses
- Allu Arjun-Sukumar film to be delayed further?
- Sai Dharam Tej reveals how Pawan inspired him to be an actor