It’s been reported earlier that stalwart Tamil actor turned politician Kamal Haasan will be stepping into active politics by contesting the upcoming Lok Sabha elections in Tamil Nadu. Kamal’s Makkal Needhi Maiyam (MNM) will contest all the 40 seats across the Tamil state.
Now, in a latest interview with a popular English daily, Kamal Haasan revealed his two major decisions. Kamal said that his party will contest the upcoming elections without forming an alliance with any other party in the state. Furthermore, Kamal said that he will only field candidates who are between 25 to 40 years of age in all the constituencies.
“I want a group of people who can take this forward. There is no point in having a 63-year-old with 70-year-olds around him,” said Kamal, explaining his decision.
Articles that might interest you:
- Hari Hara Veera Mallu heroine’s love story becomes a hot topic
- Narappa’s first copy to be ready soon
- David Warner wins the hearts of Hyderabadis and Indians
- Nani, Satya Dev and Roopa’s Daare Leda gets a launch date
- Noted editor to turn director work with Nithin’s next?
- Actress Kavitha’s son passes away due to COVID-19; Husband critical