Thalaivi has been released to good reviews all over. The film is based on the life of Jayalalitha and MGR and has been directed by AL Vijay.
Arvind Swamy, in particular, has been getting good reception for his portrayal as MGR. Now, the film has landed in a soup as the AIADMK party has demanded some scenes to be deleted from the film.
Going into details, senior AIADMK leader D Jayakumar watched the film and requested the makers to remove a scene that showcased MGR seeking a key minister post in the first DMK government which is shown being denied by Karunanidhi.
Jayakumar in his statement revealed that MGR never made such requests in real life. We now need to see what will the makers do in the days to come.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : HIT 2 – Engaging and Intense
- Review : Matti Kusthi – Partly Engaging
- Chiru congratulates Charan – Deets inside
- Raj Tarun’s Aha Na Pellanta creates a sensation on ZEE5
- OTT: Ram Setu makes its digital debut, but with a twist
- Photo Moment: South cinema legends in a single frame