Smt. Akkineni Amala, wife of hero Nagarjuna, has been arrested today by the Charminar police in connection with a Greenpeace protest she attended and participated in. Amala along with other Greenpeace activists put up a banner on the historic Charminar to bring about awareness over the perils of coal mining and deforestation.
She was immediately released on bail after the arrest. Amala is an active participant in Animal rights and environmental causes and devotes her time considerably to these two activities.
Articles that might interest you:
- Bollywood debut on the cards for this star heroine?
- Darbar audio album to be out on this date?
- This is Namrata and Mahesh’s parenting strategy
- Stars descend at Kamal60 Ungal Naan
- Boney Kapoor gets teary eyed at ANR Award for Sridevi
- Shruti opens up about her first music album