Smt. Akkineni Amala, wife of hero Nagarjuna, has been arrested today by the Charminar police in connection with a Greenpeace protest she attended and participated in. Amala along with other Greenpeace activists put up a banner on the historic Charminar to bring about awareness over the perils of coal mining and deforestation.
She was immediately released on bail after the arrest. Amala is an active participant in Animal rights and environmental causes and devotes her time considerably to these two activities.
- Ram Charan lauds Mr. Majnu’s teaser
- Shocking response for Priya Prakash Varrier’s new song
- Kajal teams up with Jayam Ravi
- “Samantha was super tensed on Sep 13,” Nag reveals
- Taapsee’s epic reply to a netizen who asked her to marry him