After releasing to a unanimous positive response from fans and critics earlier today, Allu Arjun and Trivikram’s Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo is now taking on its Sankranthi competitor, Sarileru Neekevvaru, head-on at the overseas box-office. In a stunning feat, Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo has already beaten Sarileru’s premiere record in Australia and New Zealand and grabbed the 3rd spot in the list of all-time highest premiere grossers.
Until the latest updates at 7 pm local time, Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo has collected a gross of A$243K in Australia. The film has set a new all-time record by any Telugu film in New Zealand, by grossing over $55K. With a combined total of A$298K already, Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo has beaten Sarileru’s short-lived Australia premiere record (A$257K). Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo is now next only to Baahubali 2 and Saaho (A$265K) in the list of all-time top premiere grossers, and it’s sure to surpass Saaho’s record by the end of the day.
Articles that might interest you:
- Timmarusu and Ishq banking heavily on Festival weekend
- Akshara Gowda roped in for Ram’s next
- Maa elections to be held on this date?
- An emotional Satyadev thanks everyone for Timmarusu’s success
- Chiranjeevi, Allu Arjun pay rich tributes to Allu Ramalingaiah on his anniversary
- Mahesh’s rampage starts-SVP looks gets 50k likes