The first steps are being taken for an all India Movie Bandh on the 23rd of this month. This bandh is being planned to protest against the proposed imposition of service tax on films. The Film Federation of India has prepared and circulated a draft circular to the various local film councils and bodies over this matter. “The Film Industry is already facing severe setbacks due to various issues and revenue losses. Imposition of service tax will severely affect scores of producers”, says Ravi K., the president of the Film Federation of India.
The influential South Indian Film Chamber of Commerce has already decided to file a case challenging the Government’s proposed move. So far, there has been no response from the powerful Film Producers Guild, the body of producers from Bollywood. If all the concerned film bodies decide to accept the proposal of the Film Federation of India, no movies will be screened across India for a day.
- Exciting finale set up for Bigg Boss 2
- Ram Charan responds to honor killing incident in Miryalaguda
- Legendary producer reveals his projects with Vijay Devarakonda and NTR
- Kannada hero launches a new political party
- Massive arrangements for war sequence in Sye Raa