Allu Arjun’s terrific portrayal of Telangana warrior legend Gona Gannareddy in Gunasekhar’s 2015 historical drama, Rudhramadevi, was received very well by his fans. In fact, there were several speculations that both Gunasekhar and Allu Arjun were planning a stand-alone movie on Gona Gannareddy.
In a latest interview, Gunasekhar revealed that he and Allu Arjun were under immense pressure from fans and trade circles to come up with a film on Gona Gannareddy and that a few producers were even ready to shell out any amount to make the film. “Me and Bunny discussed and decided against making the film eventually,” Gunasekhar revealed.
Gunasekhar further said that he and Bunny felt that they had already taken enough cinematic liberties and added a lot of drama to the historical figure and that there was nothing new to be told about Gona Gannareddy and that’s why they had dropped the idea of making the film.
Articles that might interest you:
- Venue locked for The Warrior’s trailer launch
- Time locked for Allari Naresh’s teaser
- Balakrishna tests negative -To get back to shoot soon
- Jr. NTR’s sweet gesture wins hearts
- Noted Tamil actor makes his Bollywood debut
- Rana’s Virata Parvam seals its OTT release date