Amala Akkineni is all set to make her foray into the world of web-series with a new Zee5 show, High Priestess. Directed by Pushpa Ignatius, the series also has a bunch of Telugu and Tamil actors including Sunaina, Krishna, Varalakshmi Sarathkumar, and Brahmaji. Not only is Amala playing the lead role in the series, she also says that her character has a spiritual angle to it.
Talking more about the web-series, which will go on air on April 25, Amala said, “The story has several layers surrounding supernatural elements. When it comes to my part, Pushpa and I have had several discussions about ensuring a spiritual bent to the ending, so that it doesn’t merely spook people. She and I were on the same page in giving a purposeful dimension to the character.”
Apart from this series, Amala will also be seen in a brief but significant role in Kabir Khan’s The Forgotten Army. “I’m still a reluctant actor. In fact, I am not desperately looking for work, as my role as the director of AISFM is keeping me quite busy. If I accept a project, it has to be worth my time,” she said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Vijay Devarakonda’s to sport crazy look and role in his next
- Glimpse of Lavanya, Kartikeya’s Chaavu Kaburu Challaga out soon
- Sharwanand unveils Nithya Menen’s classic look from Gamanam
- Official: After 7 years, Siddharth’s Tollywood comeback with Mahasamudram
- Review : Amaram Akhilam Prema- Telugu film on AHA
- Rakul Preet’s brother’s second film is a crime thriller