Kumar says that as he owns the exclusive rights to make a film based on soccer player Akhilesh Paul’s life, he even kick-started a film, titled Slum Soccer.
Responding in a positive way, the court even issued orders to the makers of Jhund to not release the film on any digital platforms and cinemas till further hearing.
But the film’s digital streaming rights of Jhund are acquired by noted OTT platform Amazon Prime even before this controversy raised.
Now, the latest news is that amidst all these legal issues, the Amazon Prime management has canceled the deal with Jhund makers. This Nagaraj Manjule directorial is based on the life of Mumbai slum dweller turned football coach Akhilesh Paul.
Articles that might interest you:
- Lavanya rejects liquor endorsements
- Fighter girl Ananya Panday wants to do some hardcore action
- Buzz on Tamannaah and Samantha’s remuneration for Aha shows
- Nani’s next to have a third female lead
- Hindi version of Jersey getting crazy OTT deals?
- After Deepika and Alia, this star heroine to debut in Tollywood?