Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan and Aamir Khan’s high budget period magnum opus, Thugs of Hindostan, released in November and ended up as a colossal failure at the box-offices in India and overseas. Now, the film has failed to weave magic at the box-offices across China.
Thugs of Hindostan released in China on December 28. The film’s Chinese distributors were hoping to cash in on the humongous craze Aamir Khan enjoys among his Chinese fans. However, ToH could collect only $1.51 million on Friday and another $1.56 million on Saturday, taking its 2-day total to $3.10M (Rs 21.65 crores). The film shows no signs on improvement even on Sunday.
Needless to say, this lackluster reception for an Aamir Khan-starrer has shocked trade pundits in India and China. Last year, Aamir’s Dangal and Secret Superstar had created new record for any Indian film ever released in China.
Articles that might interest you:
- Hari Hara Veera Mallu heroine’s love story becomes a hot topic
- Narappa’s first copy to be ready soon
- David Warner wins the hearts of Hyderabadis and Indians
- Nani, Satya Dev and Roopa’s Daare Leda gets a launch date
- Noted editor to turn director work with Nithin’s next?
- Actress Kavitha’s son passes away due to COVID-19; Husband critical