Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan and Aamir Khan’s high budget period magnum opus, Thugs of Hindostan, released in November and ended up as a colossal failure at the box-offices in India and overseas. Now, the film has failed to weave magic at the box-offices across China.
Thugs of Hindostan released in China on December 28. The film’s Chinese distributors were hoping to cash in on the humongous craze Aamir Khan enjoys among his Chinese fans. However, ToH could collect only $1.51 million on Friday and another $1.56 million on Saturday, taking its 2-day total to $3.10M (Rs 21.65 crores). The film shows no signs on improvement even on Sunday.
Needless to say, this lackluster reception for an Aamir Khan-starrer has shocked trade pundits in India and China. Last year, Aamir’s Dangal and Secret Superstar had created new record for any Indian film ever released in China.
Articles that might interest you:
- This star hero’s son is a fan of Thalapathy Vijay
- Chay, Sunil’s Tadakha being remade in Bollywood
- Interesting details about VV Vinayak’s hero debut film
- Varun Tej opens about Antariksham’s failure
- Sye Raa Trailer- Celeb Reactions
- Gang Leader’s latest US collections