Superstar Amitabh Bachchan is a relieved man finally. He was given a clean chit by the Swedish investigators in the Bofors payoff scam. Bofors case dates back to 1986, when Swiss arms manufacturer Bofors landed an Rs.1, 500 Crore contract to supply 155 mm howitzers to India. A year later, Swiss media began reporting that the company had paid massive kickbacks to Indian politicians, including then Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, and defense officials.
Speaking in a press conference Amitabh said “From the very day we have maintained that we were innocent, for 25 years me as well as my family’s name bore the brunt of the scandal of which I was never a part of,” Bachchan’s reactions came in response to fresh revelations in the Bofors case in which Swedish investigator Sten Lindstrom said that the case against actor and then Congress MP and his family, was planted in Swedish newspaper ‘Dagens Nyheter’ by Indian investigators. Amitabh looked relieved and finally concluded the press conference saying “I am happy that the truth has emerged after 25 years,”
- Amar Akbar Anthony off to a slow start in the US
- Press Note : Godavari Launches their New Brand “Paneer” – The Mall Concept Food Court
- Deepika, Ranveer’s new home costs Rs 50 crores!
- Tamannaah, Sundeep’s bold chemistry in Next Enti’s trailer strikes an impact
- Vijay Deverakonda’s cheeky reply to Prabhas