The ongoing nationwide lockdown due to the Coronavirus outbreak has disrupted the release plans of several low, medium and high budget movies across the country. Tollywood is no different and all the films have been lying in the cans for more than a month now. And the uncertainty about when the movie theaters will reopen is not helping the matters either.
Meanwhile, the producers of several small and medium budget films have been planning to release their films directly on OTT platforms, without waiting for the traditional theatrical release. Amrutharamam, a youthful romantic drama based in the US, becomes the first Telugu film to skip theatrical release and premiere on OTT platform instead.
Amrutharamam will have its digital premiere on the Zee5 app on April 29. The film features young actors Ram Mittakanti and Amitha Ranganath in lead roles. This movie has been produced under banner and Cinemawala banners. Surender Kontaddi is the director of Amrutharamam.
Articles that might interest you:
- Telugu ‘Jeelakarra Bellam’ ritual in Kajal’s wedding
- Latest update on Rajasekhar’s health
- Tamil actor for Chay’s next?
- Sanjay Dutt to join KGF 2’s shoot from this date?
- Sai Pallavi turns down Pawan’s film despite fat paycheck?
- Poll : Who according to you is the best Bigg Boss host?