Tollywood seems to be quite fascinated by period subjects these days. S.S.Rajamouli’s ‘Baahubali’ and Gunasekhar’s ‘Rudrama Devi’ are currently under production. Interestingly, Anushka is essaying the lead role in both the movies.
If the latest buzz being heard in Filmnagar is to be believed, Anushka will soon be seen in one more period film! Apparently, Anushka has been roped in to play the lead role in the period romantic drama, ‘Bhagmati’. This project is expected to be produced by UV Creations banner, the production house that produced ‘Mirchi’. The film might go onto the sets in May 2014.
Bhagmati is the wife of the 16th Century Sultan of Hyderabad, Quli Qutub Shah. An official announcement about this venture is expected soon.
Articles that might interest you:
- Yet another music composer comes up with a song on Coronavirus
- Corona is ‘purely secular’, says young actress in a viral tweet
- Chiranjeevi is using lockdown for an ambitious project
- Charan’s role in Acharya depends on Rajamouli-Koratala’s understanding
- Let’s focus on COVID-19: Keerthy trashes wedding rumors
- Chiru ready to make this sacrifice for Pawan