Tollywood seems to be quite fascinated by period subjects these days. S.S.Rajamouli’s ‘Baahubali’ and Gunasekhar’s ‘Rudrama Devi’ are currently under production. Interestingly, Anushka is essaying the lead role in both the movies.
If the latest buzz being heard in Filmnagar is to be believed, Anushka will soon be seen in one more period film! Apparently, Anushka has been roped in to play the lead role in the period romantic drama, ‘Bhagmati’. This project is expected to be produced by UV Creations banner, the production house that produced ‘Mirchi’. The film might go onto the sets in May 2014.
Bhagmati is the wife of the 16th Century Sultan of Hyderabad, Quli Qutub Shah. An official announcement about this venture is expected soon.
Articles that might interest you:
- Bunny is all praise for Evaru
- Want to see Prabhas as an international star: Krishnam Raju
- Box Office : Report for the week ending 18-08-2019
- Adivi Sesh thanks Nag, Bunny and Samantha
- Bellamkonda Sai Srinivas’ brother all set for acting debut
- Fans of all heroes always want Prabhas’ success: Rajamouli