Tollywood seems to be quite fascinated by period subjects these days. S.S.Rajamouli’s ‘Baahubali’ and Gunasekhar’s ‘Rudrama Devi’ are currently under production. Interestingly, Anushka is essaying the lead role in both the movies.
If the latest buzz being heard in Filmnagar is to be believed, Anushka will soon be seen in one more period film! Apparently, Anushka has been roped in to play the lead role in the period romantic drama, ‘Bhagmati’. This project is expected to be produced by UV Creations banner, the production house that produced ‘Mirchi’. The film might go onto the sets in May 2014.
Bhagmati is the wife of the 16th Century Sultan of Hyderabad, Quli Qutub Shah. An official announcement about this venture is expected soon.
- We have forgotten our farmers, Chinnababu is a tribute to them: Karthi
- Geetha Govindam will be the best film in Vijay’s career: Allu Aravind
- Andhra Pradesh govt. to grant tax exemption for movies made in AP?
- Has Akira shifted to Hyderabad? Renu Desai clarifies
- Suriya praises Karthi’s choice of films