Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu will unveil a 12 feet bronze statue of legendary actor SV Rangarao. The 2 tonne statue will be unveiled at a grand ceremony at Kalaparru Y Junction in Eluru on the 3rd of July. Well known sculptor Rajkumar Vudayar is sculpting the statue in Kothapet, East Godavari district.
Born in the year 1918, in Nuzvid near Eluru, Samarla Venkata Rangarao is considered one of the stalwart actors in the history of Telugu Cinema. He made his screen debut with the 1946 film Varudhini. SVR went on to act in over 100 films in Telugu and Tamil, and a film each in Kannada and Malayalam. SVR breathed his last in 1974.
- Sudheer Babu is proud of Nannu Dochukunduvate
- Gear up for Amar Akbar Anthony’s ‘Pivot’
- After wrapping up Varma, Vikram’s son leaves for US for higher studies
- Young producer to approach Cyber Crime Police against her abuser
- Legendary director appreciates Sudheer Babu