At the recent celebration of Slumdog Millionaire completing 10 years since its release, what caught the notice of many people was music composer AR Rahman’s daughter Khatija dressed in a hijab.
Soon after, the composer faced criticism for being “regressive” in his ideologies.
But the singer decided to hear it all out and put it in a simple tweet where he posted a picture of his two daughters and wife and wrote: “The precious ladies of my family Khatija ,Raheema and Sairaa with NitaAmbaniji #freedomtochoose (sic)”
The Academy Award winning composer shut all the Islamophobic voices with the photo that saw his daughter Raheema and Sairaa without the parda while Khatija was in the hijab. Calling it her “freedom to choose” how she wants to exercise her religious beliefs, he said no more. But he sure did say a lot!
— A.R.Rahman (@arrahman) February 6, 2019
Articles that might interest you:
- Title and first look of Venky’s next to be out tonight
- VV Vinayak’s Seenayya to go on floors on this date
- Rumors about Pawan Kalyan’s heroine are not true
- Poll : What is your opinion about Disco Raja?
- Puri-Vijay Devarakonda’s next to have a name change
- Star director to launch Aswathama’s trailer