At the recent celebration of Slumdog Millionaire completing 10 years since its release, what caught the notice of many people was music composer AR Rahman’s daughter Khatija dressed in a hijab.
Soon after, the composer faced criticism for being “regressive” in his ideologies.
But the singer decided to hear it all out and put it in a simple tweet where he posted a picture of his two daughters and wife and wrote: “The precious ladies of my family Khatija ,Raheema and Sairaa with NitaAmbaniji #freedomtochoose (sic)”
The Academy Award winning composer shut all the Islamophobic voices with the photo that saw his daughter Raheema and Sairaa without the parda while Khatija was in the hijab. Calling it her “freedom to choose” how she wants to exercise her religious beliefs, he said no more. But he sure did say a lot!
— A.R.Rahman (@arrahman) February 6, 2019
Articles that might interest you:
- Actress croons a song in Thunivu
- Satya Dev’s delayed film gets a new release date
- Date and venue locked for Matti Kusthi’s pre-release event
- Interview : Vishnu Vishal – Matti Kusthi isn’t a sports film but a love story
- Avatar 2 advance bookings in full swing
- Panchathantram trailer filled with gritty emotions