Is the Mozart of Madras gearing up for a new private album? Going by the buzz coming out of Chennai movie circles, this indeed seems to be the case. See what Rahman had to say on his FB profile. “It’s been 15 years since my first private album came out… I could never do another album as a self expression like Maa Tujhe Salaam due to my film commitments and the journey of my life becoming unpredictable. But, it’s always been interesting and challenging… Is it time for another one?”, he wrote.
Rahman’s ‘Maa Tujhe Salaam’ became an iconic chart buster for its fresh new interpretation of the ‘Vande Mataram’ theme. The supremely talented musician has also been delivering a notch below his best these days. The most common complaint heard after watching Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ is about Rahman’s mediocre background score.
Perhaps, a new private album with some bold new tunes will be just what Rahman needs to bounce back.
- Details about Puri Jagannadh-Ram film
- Kamal Haasan undergoes look test for Indian 2
- Pooja Hegde reveals fun side of Akshay Kumar
- Mohanlal slammed for his insensitive comments on #MeToo movement
- Ajith to team up with his favorite director for the fifth time?