Tamil actor Vishal has landed in trouble once again, and this time, a long pending case over non-payment of TDS has come back to haunt him. The actor was expected to appear in the court for a hearing; however, when he failed to appear twice, a court in Chennai issued a non-bailable warrant against him.
Several years ago, his production company Vishal Film Factory was raided by the Income Tax Department, and it was found that his company didn’t remit TDS deducted from employees’ salaries for nearly five years. Although he was supposed to appear in court on July 24, he didn’t come to the court. Now the court has adjourned the case to August 28 and also issued an arrest warrant against him.
Meanwhile, the actor’s upcoming film in Sundar C’s direction is nearing completion, and he has a slew of other Tamil films lined up for release soon.
Articles that might interest you:
- Varun Tej’s Boxer gets a date for its next schedule
- Chiranjeevi reveals why Sujeeth was replaced for Lucifer remake
- Sonu Sood’s jaw-dropping number of people he helped during lockdown
- Empower the Silence: Anushka’s message ahead of Nishabdham’s release
- Taapsee’s Thappad achieves a rare feat
- Ram Charan’s striking picture goes viral