Released on May 9, 1990, Megastar Chiranjeevi and yesteryear diva Sridevi’s iconic socio-fantasy drama ‘Jagadeka Veerudu Athiloka Sundari’ went on to become a huge blockbuster. The film collected a theatrical share of Rs 7 crores when the balcony tickets were priced at just 6 rupees in most centres.
In a latest interview on the occasion of JVAS’ 30th anniversary celebrations, producer Ashwini Dutt revealed the remunerations he had paid to Chiru and Sridevi and also the profit he ended up with upon making JVAS.
“I had paid Rs 35 lakhs to Chiranjeevi garu. Sridevi garu’s craze was on par with top heroes those days. So I had paid Rs 25 lakhs to her. I ended up with a profit of Rs 35 lakhs after deducting all the expenses and remunerations,” Ashwini Dutt said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Tuck Jagadish’s promotions to kick-start soon
- Ravi Teja’s first glimpse from Khiladi gets a launch date
- Hero Nikhil is now a proud owner of a classy Range Rover
- Massive update from RRR tomorrow?
- Trade talk: Tremendous craze for Pushpa and Sarkaru Vaari Paata
- Bollywood star father-son duo’s film gets a title