Released on May 9, 1990, Megastar Chiranjeevi and yesteryear diva Sridevi’s iconic socio-fantasy drama ‘Jagadeka Veerudu Athiloka Sundari’ went on to become a huge blockbuster. The film collected a theatrical share of Rs 7 crores when the balcony tickets were priced at just 6 rupees in most centres.
In a latest interview on the occasion of JVAS’ 30th anniversary celebrations, producer Ashwini Dutt revealed the remunerations he had paid to Chiru and Sridevi and also the profit he ended up with upon making JVAS.
“I had paid Rs 35 lakhs to Chiranjeevi garu. Sridevi garu’s craze was on par with top heroes those days. So I had paid Rs 25 lakhs to her. I ended up with a profit of Rs 35 lakhs after deducting all the expenses and remunerations,” Ashwini Dutt said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Prabhas and Pawan Kalyan’s co-actress in Nagarjuna’s next?
- Sarkaru Vaari Paata will surpass Pokiri: Mahesh Babu
- Siddharth undergoes surgery in London?
- Mahesh Babu opens up about acting in web series’
- A whopping 5 Cr set for Mahesh-Trivikram film
- Two young beauties in Nagarjuna-Chay’s Bangarraju?