The southern film industry has lost a talented technician. Well-known Editor Anil Malnad breathed his last following a heart attack at a private hospital in Chennai last night. Anil was 66. He was suffering from a clot in his brain since December last year. He is survived by his wife Srilakshmi, son Suraj and daughter Akhila.
Born GR Dattatreya in Malnad, Karnataka, Anil Malnad stepped into the film industry with a dream of becoming a cinematographer. He later joined legendary filmmaker Bapu’s Sampoorna Ramayanam as an Assistant Director, before making his debut as an Editor with Bapu’s Vamsavruksham.
Anil went on to edit as many as 22 movies directed by Bapu. He edited over 200 movies in Telugu, Tamil, Hindi, Malayalam, Kannada and English. He was also a recipient of the coveted National Award for Best Editing for Vamsy’s Sitaara. Anil Malnad’s last rites will be held in Chennai today.
- Kalyani Priyadarshan joins cast of Mohanlal’s magnum opus
- Rajinikanth to launch his political party soon
- Mammootty going all out to play YSR
- Akanksha Singh pins all her hopes on Deva Das
- Mani Ratnam reveals why he made a multi-starrer