Hero Nani’s latest production venture, Awe, opened yesterday to heavily polarized response from critics and moviegoers. Audiences are appreciating the film’s makers for bringing out a brave, path-breaking film in Tollywood.
Owing to the immense buzz ahead of its release, Awe collected $127K from the Thursday night premieres in the US. The film continued the same momentum on Friday and collected over $141K, taking its latest total to $268K.
The film has surpassed the day 1 gross of some of the recent hits like Bhaagamathie, Tholi Prema and Chalo. It will not be a surprise if Awe goes on to collect $1 million in its final run. Prasanth Varma has directed this experimental thriller and Prashanti has co-produced it along with Nani.
- Mani Ratnam reveals why he made a multi-starrer
- Pooja Hegde wraps up shooting for Aravindha Sametha
- I’ve never used my dad’s money or help to make movies : Manchu Manoj
- Big test for Deva Das director
- Kiara Advani excited about Arjun Reddy Hindi remake