Released last year, Prasanth Varma’s experimental thriller, Awe, went on to receive both critical acclaim and box-office success. The film recently won two national awards.
Now, Prasanth is planning a sequel to Awe and he wants to cast Tamil star Vijay Sethupathi and star heroine Kajal Aggarwal to play the main leads. However, unlike the first part where multiple stories are narrated simultaneously, the sequel will feature only one story and it will be quite “heavy and intriguing”.
Prasanth confirmed the sequel in his latest interaction with a leading English daily. However, neither Kajal nor Vijay Sethupathi have signed on the dotted line yet. Stay tuned for further updates.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sammathame’s official OTT release date
- Vijay Devarakonda-Samantha to romance in Vizag
- Mega plans being made for Ponniyin Selvan’s teaser launch
- Taapsee talks about her dream role
- Much hyped Tamil film gets a release date
- Bollywood stars donate to Assam flood victims