SS Rajamouli’s Baahubali 2 has grossed more than $10 million so far in China. The film had released on May 4 and it collected close to $7 million in its opening weekend, and it added another $3 million in the next few days.
Compared to other Indian films which raked in big moolah in China, this number might not seem huge; however, it is still encouraging to see filmmakers and producers beyond Bollywood continue to push for boundaries and explore new markets.
Now, it remains to be seen if Baahubali 2 can gross more than Rs 100 crores from China alone in its full run.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : Aame – Amala Paul’s brave act
- Raashi opens up about her role in Venky Mama
- Jigarthanda’s Hindi remake to go on floors soon
- Oh! Baby’s DP Richard Prasad reveals how he missed out on NTR’s NKP
- Jersey star makes interesting comments about #MeToo movement
- Massive lady fans of Vijay Devarakonda attend Dear Comrade’s music festival