SS Rajamouli’s Baahubali 2 has grossed more than $10 million so far in China. The film had released on May 4 and it collected close to $7 million in its opening weekend, and it added another $3 million in the next few days.
Compared to other Indian films which raked in big moolah in China, this number might not seem huge; however, it is still encouraging to see filmmakers and producers beyond Bollywood continue to push for boundaries and explore new markets.
Now, it remains to be seen if Baahubali 2 can gross more than Rs 100 crores from China alone in its full run.
- Will Nani’s dream to work with his favorite director come true?
- F2 becomes Venky & Varun’s career best grosser
- Vaishnav’s debut film will have Rangasthalam-like feel: Chiranjeevi
- Madhavan turns full-time director with a biopic
- F2 & VVR’s 2nd weekend Nizam collections