SS Rajamouli’s Baahubali 2 has done the unthinkable in Tamil Nadu. The period drama has shattered a 7-year old record to become the highest grossing film of all time in the state. Rajinikanth’s Endhiran had held the record with a gross of more than Rs 100 crores.
Few years ago, when Magadheera and Arundhati were dubbed in Tamil, they met with limited success. However, Rajamouli’s Eega was a game changer and later, Baahubali went on to become a huge success.
But the phenomenal run of Baahubali 2 in Tamil Nadu has shocked everyone. The fact that it had an U/A certificate and still managed to gross more than Rs 100 crores has come as an eye-opener to a lot of people in the industry which is obsessed with getting a clean U certificate for all films.
- Nithiin-Rashmika’s film to go on floors finally
- Former heroine all praise for Charan’s simplicity
- Balayya okays special cameo in Kannada star’s 125th film?
- Romantic scenes set in the ’90s to be highlight of Majili
- Suriya’s son all set for acting debut?