SS Rajamouli’s Baahubali 2 has done the unthinkable in Tamil Nadu. The period drama has shattered a 7-year old record to become the highest grossing film of all time in the state. Rajinikanth’s Endhiran had held the record with a gross of more than Rs 100 crores.
Few years ago, when Magadheera and Arundhati were dubbed in Tamil, they met with limited success. However, Rajamouli’s Eega was a game changer and later, Baahubali went on to become a huge success.
But the phenomenal run of Baahubali 2 in Tamil Nadu has shocked everyone. The fact that it had an U/A certificate and still managed to gross more than Rs 100 crores has come as an eye-opener to a lot of people in the industry which is obsessed with getting a clean U certificate for all films.
- Yesteryear heroine’s daughter in Amar Akbar Anthony
- Simbu urges fans to not get emotional about his film’s release
- Chay-Samantha’s Majili to be shot in Vizag
- Exciting buzz on Vijay-Atlee film
- Roshagadu gets a big release in Telugu states