SS Rajamouli’s Baahubali 2 has done the unthinkable in Tamil Nadu. The period drama has shattered a 7-year old record to become the highest grossing film of all time in the state. Rajinikanth’s Endhiran had held the record with a gross of more than Rs 100 crores.
Few years ago, when Magadheera and Arundhati were dubbed in Tamil, they met with limited success. However, Rajamouli’s Eega was a game changer and later, Baahubali went on to become a huge success.
But the phenomenal run of Baahubali 2 in Tamil Nadu has shocked everyone. The fact that it had an U/A certificate and still managed to gross more than Rs 100 crores has come as an eye-opener to a lot of people in the industry which is obsessed with getting a clean U certificate for all films.
- Geetha Arts to make a film with talented hero?
- Special promotions planned for NOTA
- Aravinda Sametha’s censor date locked?
- Major conflict point of 2.0 revealed
- Amitabh, Aamir speak in Telugu in ToH’s announcement video