With reports emerging that Baahubali 2 has surpassed all previous records, several writers and film critics have drawn parallels between Baahubali 2 and George Lucas’ Star Wars. When Star Wars released in 1977 in USA, it brought people to theatres in hordes and changed the way people watched films.
Now, Baahubali 2 is doing something similar in India. One video in particular features a young couple from North India, where a man confessed that he was watching a film in a cinema hall for the first time in 24 years. That is the impact that the film has had on the audiences.
With Baahubali 2 taking an gargantuan opening of Rs 122 crores nett from India alone, including Rs 41 crores for the Hindi version alone, sky is the limit for this Rajamouli’s epic.
- I was surprised that I had so much energy: Venky on his role in F2
- Ram-Puri Jagannadh’s iSmart Shankar gets a launch date
- Bollywood star yet to sign Indian 2
- Dark comedy ‘Mithai’ seals its release date
- Simran signs another biggie?