With reports emerging that Baahubali 2 has surpassed all previous records, several writers and film critics have drawn parallels between Baahubali 2 and George Lucas’ Star Wars. When Star Wars released in 1977 in USA, it brought people to theatres in hordes and changed the way people watched films.
Now, Baahubali 2 is doing something similar in India. One video in particular features a young couple from North India, where a man confessed that he was watching a film in a cinema hall for the first time in 24 years. That is the impact that the film has had on the audiences.
With Baahubali 2 taking an gargantuan opening of Rs 122 crores nett from India alone, including Rs 41 crores for the Hindi version alone, sky is the limit for this Rajamouli’s epic.
Articles that might interest you:
- Vishnu Manchu ropes in Hollywood technicians for his Hollywood film
- Disco Raja may have a sequel: Ravi Teja
- NTR, Ram Charan all set to resume RRR’s shoot
- This is how Mahesh defines his fans in one word
- Deepika Padukone turns down an interesting biopic
- Shivatmika Rajasekhar signs her second film