SS Rajamouli’s magnum opus Baahubali 2 is all set to release in close to 70% of the total number of screens in India on April 28. This is unprecedented for a film of any language and it just goes on to prove how much faith the trade has in SS Rajamouli’s film.
In a recent interview, Shobu revealed that he had been talking to the distributors across the country and the film, in India alone, would release in nearly 6500-7000 screens. The final count could be a little higher than that and a clear picture will emerge in the next few days. For the record, India has over 10,000 screens and several filmmakers and other trade bodies had been discussing the possibility of increase the screen count over the year.
The film, starring Prabhas, Rana, Anushka and Tamannaah, has already made views on the internet. The trailer has crossed 100 million views, which is a mind-boggling record in itself.
- After ASVR, NTR hires his fav trainer for another terrific look for RRR
- Box Office : Report for the week ending 21-10-2018
- Shocked, AR Rahman enquires about MeToo allegations against Vairamuthu
- Two heroes in consideration for Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana remake?
- Balakrishna-Tarak’s mutual affection a major highlight at ASVR’s success function