Earlier today, Marathi film ‘Court’ was selected as the official Indian entry to the Oscars in the best foreign film category. The Marathi court room drama edged past Tollywood’s Baahubali and Srimanthudu.
Both the hit Telugu films were screened to the elite panel before they voted on behalf of Court. Nearly 30 films were in contention and the elite panel headed by veteran actor Amol Palekar watched all the films in Hyderabad.
Directed by Chaitanya Tamhane, Court examines the Indian legal system through the trial of an ageing folk singer in a lower court in Mumbai
- Yet another heroine in talks for Sye Raa
- Idam Jagat looking at a September release
- Siddharth, Catherine Tresa team up for a new film
- Nithin to romance milky beauty?
- Mahesh25’s costumes to be trendsetting