Anushka is basking in the glory of Baahubali 2, which went on to become the biggest hit of all time last year. Now, she’s awaiting the release of Bhaagamathie, a contemporary horror thriller, which has been directed by Ashok.
In a recent interview, when Anushka was asked about the impact which Baahubali has created, she confessed that she’s still in awe of the film’s success. “Thanks to Baahubali, we’re looking at creating pan-India market for films across languages. It’s no longer Bollywood or Telugu cinema or Tamil cinema. It’s slowly becoming Indian cinema. We should start setting standards as Indian cinema. There’s no point in pulling our hair amongst each other. Our culture has very rich emotions and stories which become richer when presented on international platform,” she said.
In Bhaagamathie, Anushka has played two different characters and she is confident that it’ll impress the audience. “I know that people have been comparing it with Arundhati, but once they see the film they’ll understand how different it is,” she added.
Articles that might interest you:
- Such a delight: Rajamouli on Corona short film ‘Family’
- Aditi Rao picks her most difficult role to date
- Vijay, Rashmika’s Dear Comrade’s Hindi version clocks 100M views
- Aamir Khan silently makes a huge contribution
- Tamil actor turned politician donates his college
- Mega hero’s next to skip its announced release date