The five member Oscar selection panel under the head of its jury and popular filmmaker Amol Palekar, is in Hyderabad to scrutinize over 45 films and select India’s official entry for the upcoming Academy Awards. As per the latest reports which quoted the Telugu Film Chamber of Commerce’s announcement, Baahubali is the official entry from the Telugu film industry.
Baahubali will be competing with Bollywood biggies like Aamir Khan’s PK, Anurag Kashyap’s Ugly, Vishal Bhardwaj’s Haider and Priyanka Chopra’s Mary Kom, apart from a spate of low budget indie gems like Masaan, Kaaka Muttai, Umrika etc.
The last official Telugu entry to the Oscars was K Viswanath-Kamal Haasan’s Swati Mutyam. We will have to wait until September 25th to know about the final selection.
- Kiara Advani joins Arjun Reddy’s Hindi remake unit
- Rakul Preet, Aditi Rao Hydari groove to AR Rahman’s tunes
- Latest update on Suriya’s NGK
- Sudheer Babu begins preparing for a prestigious biopic
- Kavacham’s team reveals film’s release plans