Sri Rama Rajyam (SRR) and Rajanna showed that the war horses still have lot energy in their stride. SRR especially will play a key role in the rejuvenation of mythology as a genre. Balakrishna’s maturity in essaying the role, shows why the Nandamuri family has a monopolistic grip on mythological roles. On his part Nagarjuna showed that he is the industry’s equivalent of vintage wine – the older he gets the better he looks. His presence in Rajanna was riveting. But the greatest contribution in terms of change could be from Venkatesh. He might not have had a movie in the year, but he has set an example by pulling back the era of multi starrers. His movie with Mahesh, will be one of the many eagerly awaited movies in 2012. Venkatesh’s decision shows the actor’s maturity and his understanding of the movie dynamics.
- F2 in US: Solid Tuesday on the cards
- Latest update on Balakrishna-VV Vinayak film
- Sukumar to have a busy year with 4 projects
- Allu Arjun fulfills his wife’s wish this Sankranthi
- Venkatesh scores his 2nd $1M with F2; Rajini his 4th $2M with Petta