NTR Kathanayakudu, the first part of the prestigious NTR biopic, released on January 9 and ended up as a loss making venture for its distributors. Since then, there have been numerous rumors about the distribution rights of NTR Mahanayakudu.
Rumors were rife that Balakrishna, who’s also the co-producer of the NTR biopic, was demanding huge amounts towards NTR Mahanayakudu’s distribution rights despite Kathanayakudu’s failure. But, here’s the real picture. Balayya has given away Mahanayakudu’s distribution rights to Kathanayakudu’s buyers.
Also, Balayya personally talked to the distributors and assured them that he will share up to one third of the losses incurred by Kathanayakudu distributors and also share 40 percent of the revenues to compensate all the buyers. Needless to say, all the distributors and buyers are happy with Balayya’s gesture.
NTR Mahanayakudu is all set for a grand worldwide release on February 22. The film will showcase NT Rama Rao’s rise as a politician and as the Chief Minister of erstwhile Andhra Pradesh.
Articles that might interest you:
- Prabhas to launch first look of Modi biopic
- Now, Mahesh Babu to star in a pan-India film?
- Harish Shankar explains why he chose Valmiki title
- Bollywood actress opens up about her casting couch experiences
- Pooja Hegde, a big surprise in Valmiki?
- Varun Tej praises Harish Shankar’s intense approach