Nandramuri Balakrishna’s latest action entertainer, Lion, has fallen prey to various pirates across the Telugu states and even in Karnataka. Already, the Ongole police cracked down on a piracy syndicate in town and recovered thousands of pirated DVDs of the film. Now, Lion’s anti-piracy cell took a person in custody for allegedly video recording the film in a Beganluru theater.
Film piracy has become a dreaded menace to the film industry, where producers and the distributors are ending up losing crores of rupees every year. In some cases, even exhibitors are ganging up with the pirates thereby affecting the revenue to a great extent.
Meanwhile, Lion is still continuing its dream run at the box-office and the film has amassed close to 9 crores share until Saturday. The film is expected to collect huge even on Sunday and until next Friday.
- Roshagadu gets a big release in Telugu states
- Upset over Taxiwaala piracy, Vijay gets moral support from Suriya
- Deepika, Ranveer tie the knot in Konkan style
- Poll : What did you think of Next Yenti’s teaser?
- Director gives clarity on Ajith’s next