Legendary Telugu writer-director duo Mullapudi Venkataramana and Bapu’s debut film, Sakshi, completes 50 years today. Released on July 1, 1967, Sakshi stars Superstar Krishna and his wife Vijaya Nirmala as the main leads.
Sakshi was a critical and commercial success. The film is still remembered for its sensitive portrayal of stark social circumstances prevelant in those days. Krishna’s performance in the movie is touted as one of the best in his career.
KV Mahadevan composed the film’s music and Seshagiri Rao produced this movie.
- Young Bollywood hero’s wish to act with Allu Arjun
- Maharshi’s interval scenes underway in Hyderabad
- Legendary diva’s daughter’s Tollywood debut with RRR?
- Magician’s accusation on Vijay’s Mersal team turns controversial
- Healthy gap between Sankranthi releases to benefit all parties