Legendary Telugu writer-director duo Mullapudi Venkataramana and Bapu’s debut film, Sakshi, completes 50 years today. Released on July 1, 1967, Sakshi stars Superstar Krishna and his wife Vijaya Nirmala as the main leads.
Sakshi was a critical and commercial success. The film is still remembered for its sensitive portrayal of stark social circumstances prevelant in those days. Krishna’s performance in the movie is touted as one of the best in his career.
KV Mahadevan composed the film’s music and Seshagiri Rao produced this movie.
Articles that might interest you:
- Varun Tej thanks Harish Shankar for Gaddhalakonda Ganesh
- Superstar Vijay leaves for a much-needed vacation
- Shraddha Kapoor in talks for India’s biggest film?
- Star heroine joins the shoot of Akhil’s next
- Bollywood star starts prepping for Jayalalithaa biopic
- Kiara Advani in no mood to slow down