Legendary Telugu writer-director duo Mullapudi Venkataramana and Bapu’s debut film, Sakshi, completes 50 years today. Released on July 1, 1967, Sakshi stars Superstar Krishna and his wife Vijaya Nirmala as the main leads.
Sakshi was a critical and commercial success. The film is still remembered for its sensitive portrayal of stark social circumstances prevelant in those days. Krishna’s performance in the movie is touted as one of the best in his career.
KV Mahadevan composed the film’s music and Seshagiri Rao produced this movie.
- Star Bollywood couple announces separation
- Sai Dharam Tej-Gopichand’s movie from July
- Young filmmaker to direct Queen’s Telugu remake?
- Vijayendra Prasad completes script for Rowdy Rathore 2
- Aadi exudes confidence on his next