Released yesterday, on the auspicious Eid festive day, Bollywood superstar Salman Khan’s Bharat has set the box-office on fire. The film not only emerged all-time top opener in Salman’s career but it also became the 3rd all-time highest grossing Bollywood film.
On its opening day, Bharat collected Rs 42.10 crore all India nett. The film has surpassed Salman’s previous best opener Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (Rs 40.35 crore) to become his highest opener. Bharat is next only to the highest Bollywood opener Aamir Khan-Amitabh Bachchan’s Thugs of Hindostan (Rs 52.25 Cr) and Shah Rukh Khan’s Happy New Year (Rs 44.97 Cr).
Although Bharat received a slightly mixed response from a section of critics, fans seem to have lapped up this emotional drama. Salman’s performance in six different avatars is the main highlight of Bharat. Also starring Katrina Kaif, Disha Patani, Sunil Grover and Varun Dhawan in key roles, this high budget entertainer is directed by Ali Abbas Zafar.
Articles that might interest you:
- Thanks to COVID- Sonu Sood’s dull career picks up
- Bigg Boss 4- This contestant’s safe game working big time
- At last, Govt of India gives permission to re-open theaters
- Puri Jagan planning a foreign schedule for Vijay Devarakonda’s next
- Akshay Kumar makes a solid donation once again
- Gang Leader girl replaces Anupama Parameswaran?